Instructions for your new braces
INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR NEW BRACES
In order to provide you with a good orthodontic experience, we need to have your cooperation. You will need to change your diet slightly to prevent the breakage of your orthodontic appliances. Not following these instructions will result in coming into the office more often for repairs and will lengthen treatment time.
- Chewing gum (regular or sugar-free)
- Frozen candy bars
- French bread
- Corn on the cob
- Apples or carrots (unless cut into small pieces)
- Chewing on ice
- Popcorn and chips
- Chewing on pens/pencils
- Ice Cream
- Drinks with sugar
- Never bite into anything with your front teeth.
- Always cut up food into small bite-sized pieces and chew with your back teeth. (example: fruits, vegetables, hamburgers, steak)
- Brush and floss around the brackets daily to avoid decay. It is best to brush after every meal and after a sugary snack.
- See your dentist every 3-6 months for a cleaning.